After we got finished at Mt. Gusuku, we headed off in the direction we assumed was the Lily Festival. We walked along some main roads, and some dirt roads through farmland. We had to backtrack a bit, but finally made it to the festival site where we looked at the Lilies, the beautiful ocean, and ate some Okinawan "festival food." The food was a bit different than the standard festival fare on mainland Okinawa, always an interesting and tasty experience. We picked a few things that looked good. One dish in particular looked really good-----John started eating it and told me I had to try it before he told me what i was. NOPE-------I didn't fall for that!! I thought it looked like beef chunks with veggies in a brown sauce. Well, that's not exactly what it was! It was Tripe(Yes,stomach) .......ewwwwwwwwww........he said it was really pretty good but I couldn't take a bite!! We listened to some local entertainment and music for a while, walked among the lilies, and then caught the bus back to the port for our return ferry to Okinawa. It was a beautiful day, perfect weather for such an outing.
Pics are as follows: 1. Ie Island view from the ferry, Mt. Gusuku
2. Steps up the mountain
3. John and I at the top of Mt. Gusuku
4. Tree on the trail up the mountain
5. Gwen at the Lily Fields.







4 comments:
Great pictures!
I love the steps up the mountain pic the best, what a view!!!
And ewww on the stomach, I couldn't have eaten it either!
look at the lillies! They must have smelled wonderful. We have a tulip festival in northern Washington every spring that must be similar to this.
Wow...it is so beautiful!!!
Great pictures Gwen! Love the tree!!
Post a Comment