Thursday, March 20, 2008

My baby girl is leaving me!

They picked up dd #2's belongings to ship to Florida this morning. She will be leaving on Saturday nmorning to go and live with her sister for a bit in Florida and work for a while before going to college. I will miss her terribly and am sad at the thought of her leaving----but it's definately time for her to go. She has had some health issues in her life that someone so young shouldn't have to deal with, but she has come through everything and is dealing with what she cannot change. She turned 19 last month so is getting a bit of a late start with college etc., but stayed in Okinawa to try and get health issues worked out. Now it's time for her to spread her wings and fly. She is very quiet and shy and doesn't like to talk to new people so I'm a little worried about her, but I am sure she will grow and learn to overcome that too. It will be weird only having one child at home, and he will only be here for another year and a half or so.

Here is the latest scrapbook page I did with pics of Stephanie.

4 comments:

Angie Moses said...

Your DD has the same look in her eyes as my DS sometimes...he is 18 and recently completed basic training for the Army. He is finishing his Senior year and will go on to AIT after he graduates in May. I can so understand how your feeling...I have a few more months to enjoy mine before he is off on his journey. I'm sure your DD will make you proud! Take care

Peggy said...

beautiful LO. so glad she has family here on the mainland.

Stacey said...

Beautiful layout!

Denise said...

I will keep you and your dd in my prayers! Best of luck to her!